When it comes to battling addiction, teens can be particularly vulnerable and require specialized care. Fortunately, Ember in Cambridge, IA, offers residential treatment for teens with addictions and mental health issues. Understanding why teens are more at risk of developing substance use disorders is an important first step to understanding how best to treat them.
In this article, we will discuss seven tips for choosing adolescent drug treatment in Iowa as well as why residential treatment may be the safest and most effective option for teenagers struggling with addiction.
7 TIPS FOR CHOOSING ADOLESCENT DRUG TREATMENT IN IOWA:
1. Look for programs certified by the state – Many states have licensing requirements that specify what kind of care should be provided in residential treatment centers. Check to see if the program you’re considering meets these requirements.
2. Look for facilities that are accredited – Accreditation is a third-party verification of quality and safety standards. You want to ensure your teen is receiving safe, effective care.
3. Ask about individualized treatment plans – Each teen has their own unique needs when it comes to addiction recovery, and treatment should be tailored accordingly. Make sure the facility offers individualized plans for each patient.
4. Consider the staff-to-client ratio – A low staff-to-client ratio ensures more personalized attention from counselors and therapists, which can help teens feel more supported during their recovery journey.
5. Ask about aftercare and alumni programs – Once your teen finishes their formal treatment, they will still need continued support to remain sober. Look for facilities that offer aftercare or alumni programs to help maintain accountability post-treatment.
6. Be mindful of the length of stay – In many cases, shorter stays are more cost-effective, but longer stays may provide better results in terms of long-term recovery success. Consider this when choosing a facility for your teen’s care.
7. Ask about payment options – No one should be denied treatment due to financial constraints, so make sure you ask about any available payment plans or insurance coverage before committing to a program.
WHY IS RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT RECOMMENDED FOR TEENS WITH DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTIONS?
Residential treatment is highly recommended for teens struggling with addiction because it offers a safe, supervised environment. There are also multiple therapies used to help teens understand and manage their substance abuse issues, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), family counseling, individual therapy, and group support. Residential treatment can provide the structure and accountability that teens need to remain sober long-term.
CONTACT EMBER TO VERIFY YOUR INSURANCE
Understanding why addiction affects teens differently from adults is an important first step in selecting adolescent drug treatment in Iowa. Ember provides residential care for teenagers who are struggling with addictions and mental health issues. Their comprehensive program helps equip teens with the tools they need to make positive, lasting changes.
If you or your teen are looking for an evidence-based treatment program for drug and alcohol addiction, contact Ember today to learn more about their residential care programs.
Ames IA 50010